Here's my start on the FIRST First Communion dress--this one's for DGD. The smocking is done. I haven't blocked it, nor done the bullion roses yet. I made a bodice muslin and tried it on DGD....it fits well! So I took today off to get a good start on the construction of the dress--so far I've spent too much time on the computer! Here are a couple of photos of the smocking....the second is a close-up so you can see the beads better.
Lastly, my daughter had a double birthday party last weekend, so I whipped up a couple of peasant nightgowns as gifts. I took a queue from Melissa who suggested giving something "Made in the USA." rather than another cheap toy! Great idea, Melissa! These were made using Butterick 4910:
Hot Patterns DISASTER - Weekender Cargo Pants
2 hours ago