Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Down, One To Go

The dress is finally done for DGD! She picked it up last night. I ended up doing a machine hem with a tuck because I knew a hand hem would be too time consuming. After all the hand work on the smocking, it seems wrong to hem by machine, but I like how it turned out...it gives some body to the bottom of the skirt. Here's the full length view:
Some close ups of the smocking and back:

And one happy little girl (she had to stand on my bed in order to get a good look in the mirror):
Now on to the next dress! It's already pleated and tied off (pic below of how I do that) and I started the smocking tonight. Tick tock....

5 comments:

Bunny said...

It's gorgeous, Marsha! Your smocking is perfection as is the total execution. I love the tucked hem solution. It has a great way of making the hem stand out a little and if you made it on the machine, so much the smarter. Your princess will be an angel at her First Communion. She's beautiful.

Julia said...

This dress is so beautiful that there aren't really any words to describe it. I CAN NOT wait to see the next one! I love the tuck at the bottom.

Shannon said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tucked hem- it's one of my favorite finishes. It adds interest to the skirt and the fact that it's easy just makes it that much better!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Such a beautiful dress. I love the smocking.

Martha said...

WOW Marsha it is beautiful. Your smocking is perfect. And she looks so happy with it. That is what makes it worth while.

Post a Comment