Friday, March 27, 2009

First Communion Dress - Part 1

15 comments

Here's my start on the FIRST First Communion dress--this one's for DGD. The smocking is done. I haven't blocked it, nor done the bullion roses yet. I made a bodice muslin and tried it on DGD....it fits well! So I took today off to get a good start on the construction of the dress--so far I've spent too much time on the computer! Here are a couple of photos of the smocking....the second is a close-up so you can see the beads better.

Lastly, my daughter had a double birthday party last weekend, so I whipped up a couple of peasant nightgowns as gifts. I took a queue from Melissa who suggested giving something "Made in the USA." rather than another cheap toy! Great idea, Melissa! These were made using Butterick 4910:

Monday, March 16, 2009

Lots of Wee Care Gowns

4 comments

Yikes! It's been a month since I last posted! This blogging thing is harder to keep up with than I thought. I have been busy though, working on SAGA Wee Care gowns and getting started on the first of two First Communion dresses. Here are some photos of the Wee Care gowns. A couple of them show up close detail of the smocking stitches---for those of you who may not be familiar with smocking.
Look for a new post within the next couple of days on the first First Communion dress. The smocking is done!