Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Summary

I read a lot of sewing blogs, and everyone seems so productive compared to me...especially Dawn--95 items!  Holy crap! 
So I thought..what the hell...I'm going to open a spreadsheet, try to remember everything I made, and see what I really accomplished in 2009.  Turns out I was more productive than I thought, making or working on 69 items total. 



Honestly, I had no idea I had made so many pajamas!  My kids love pajamas and every Christmas, I make coordinating PJ pants for all of us.  I guess that adds up!



Since I made so many pajamas, it makes sense that I used Kwik Sew patterns so much.  Kwik Sew 3234 is my TNT pattern for the kids knit PJs.  The SAGA stuff accounts for all the Wee Care gowns I worked on.  And the kids and I are in love with the fleece socks from Green Pepper.  I've had the pattern for years but made them for the first time this past year.

If I had to pick a favorite item from 2009, it would have to be my daughter's First Communion Dress that I posted about here and here.  It is quite possibly the nicest thing I have ever made, and I'm very proud of all the handwork.

My goal for 2010 is to use more Ottobre and BWOF patterns.  I've subscribed to Ottobre since 2003 when they started publishing in English, and I became a BWOF (or whatever it's called now) subscriber beginning in 2009.  My daughter would really like some more doll clothes for her doll...maybe I can up that number as well.

Oh, and I also plan to blog more.  To be honest, I hated the Blogger interface, so I'm trying out this ScribeFire thing...we'll see how it goes.


2 comments:

Martha said...

Why do we always sell ourselves so short. Isn't it amazing just how much we do get done when we take the time to sit down and write it out? Great job.

Anastasia said...

That is really exciting. Since you are so keen to try out different kind of patterns, you should try FashionExpressPatterns.com. It is a completely new experience, where you can select a style, download and print it, in your own personal size!! You get your pattern instantly with no extra postage costs. And what is more the fit of the patterns is amazing!!

Post a Comment