Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A couple of WeeCare gowns

I've been hanging on to these way to long...it's good to have the finished.  I'll turn them in at our monthly SAGA meeting this coming Sunday.

On the first, I tried to mimic the trim with my stitching.  I tend to try new techniques and stitches on WeeCare gowns.  It turned out well right next to the neck binding, but not so well farther down--it looks best when the stitches remain close together.


The next is a light yellow gown.  On the sleeves I did a bullion picot stitch...a technique we learned in our local chapter many months back.


Here's a closeup of the sleeve edging:


My WeeCare goal for 2010 is one gown per month.  It really doesn't take that long to stitch one up, and WeeCare is such a wonderful program.


3 comments:

Martha said...

Marsha I love them! I love Wee Care but these are too adorable. Great goal of one gown a month.

julia said...

I love these gowns. I am not a member of SAGA but would love to participate in this program. Please do a tutorial on that sleeve picot technique

Michelle said...

Just gorgeous! That picot edge is so delicate, fantastic work!

Post a Comment